Types of surveying we do
- Subdivision Layout
- Land Surveying
- GPS Applications
- Construction Layouts
- Soil Testing (septic)
What is a property survey?
Why should a property survey be done?
When should a property be surveyed?
- When property is divided into parcels for sale or development.
- When property is to be sold, purchased or mortgaged.
- When property improvements are planned.
- When government regulations require a survey and map of your property.
- When the location of property boundaries or corners are uncertain.
- When property trespass or encroachment is evidenced or suspected.
How is a property survey obtained from Birrenkott Surveying, Inc.?
It all begins with a phone call or personal visit to Birrenkott Surveying, Inc. We are here to help you and to serve you with your surveying needs and to answer your questions concerning your property.
Being prepared with as much information from the following list is helpful to us in assisting you.
- The legal description of your property. This is found on your Deed, Title Commitment from your Title Company, and Abstract or other recorded documents you may have. A tax legal description is usually only an abbreviated description and should be provided only as a last resort.
- Property Address
- What are you planning to do with this lot or parcel?
- How soon do you need the work done?
Birrenkott Surveying is conveniently located in Sun Prairie, at 1677 N. Bristol Street (Hwy. N), just a half mile north of Highway 151. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 5:00 AM.
Contact us via Phone: (608) 837-7463, Fax: (608) 837-1081
or our Contact Form.
What will a property survey cost?
Cost depends upon many conditions, such as:
- Available and adequacy of property records.
- Previous surveying monuments and mapping.
- Difficult terrain, heavy foliage and access.
- Survey complexity and regulatory compliance.
- Inclement weather and seasonal conditions.
- Other limitations, service costs and expenses.
What will Birrenkott Surveying, Inc. do for me?
- The legal description of your property and related records will be evaluated and a survey made to locate, measure and monument the property boundaries and corners so they can be easily identified.
- A record of survey measurements, notes and computations will be made, a survey plat or map prepared for public record, and copies provided as may be required.
- The property survey will be completed in compliance with applicable state, county and other local government laws, codes and regulations.
- You will be informed of the discovery of any property discrepancies in boundary location, trespass, encroachments or other related problems that you should be aware of.
What information will the surveyor need for a property survey?
A copy of property deeds, abstract of title or title insurance commitment and maps of other available information relating to the property.
If necessary, meet Birrenkott Surveying, Inc. at the survey site for inspection or consultation.
Why surveying is an investment?
Professional land surveying and mapping services will involve less time, concern and expense than moving a building or other improvement, revising your land development plans or defending a land boundary dispute in a court of law.
To prevent or deter such litigation, undue costs and inconveniences, retain the services of Birrenkott Surveying, Inc. prior to any land investments and property developments.